Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Nourishing the Body

I'd like to share a few steps that I've taken this week. There is no way that I would ask you to do anything that I am not already implementing myself. My goal is to really transform the way I eat and feed my family. Over the years, I haven't been the best example of healthy eating, and I know that I always want to be healthy and vibrant and share that message with my family and others. I have revamped my menus using all low-glycemic meals. I have 4 weeks of menus planned and then make a grocery list for each week (I'll be sharing these ideas with you next week during our systems and structure week), to really simplify my life.

I use one day per week to prepare my meals in advance so they take just minutes putting them together (this system is explained in the Low-Glycemic Meals in Minutes book). Mondays are my days for cleaning, laundry and meal preparation. I cut up (actually use my salad shooter) my veggies and cook my meats and put items in baggies. I can then put together healthy and delicious meals together in minutes for dinner time.

I am a coach with Trinity Health and use Dr. Ray Strand's book Healthy for Life to implement a 12 week Healthy for Life - Gourmet Cooking Club. I'm going to be doing this in my home weekly as well as an on-line group. I am practicing on my own family right now. We watched the first DVD on Monday night that outlines the health crisis in our country today with so many people becoming pre-diabetic. If you didn't order Dr. Strand's book, Healthy For Life, I highly recommend it. It is a tremendous resource to make healthy choices for yourself and for your family. My kids actually are very receptive and even enthusiastic about what we are doing. They are making healthier choices as they prepare their lunches and are also drinking nutritious and yummy smoothies. I made a low-glycemic dessert that everyone really liked - Ricotta Cheesecake with Raspberry Sauce.

I've included a link with 30 delicious smoothie recipes. I tried the strawberry lemonade smoothie for breakfast this morning and it was very tasty. My 3 year old, Bella, loved it. You can just print off the recipes and keep them for reference.


No comments:

Post a Comment